About the Job
Calgary Co-op's businesses include a wide variety of departments ranging from Food, Petroleum, Wine Spirits and Beer, Pharmacy,and Home Health Care. We offer diverse and exciting career opportunities for all ages in several locations in and around the Calgary, Airdrie, Strathmore and High River areas. So, wherever you live and whatever your skills, we'd love to have you join our co-operative team, and become part of a company whose roots run deep into the heart of the communities we serve.
We're currently seeking a Decorator to join our Bakery team! This position reports directly to the Bakery Supervisors, and some of the main responsibilities include;
- Provides customer service and maintains positive customer relations through the proper handling of customer questions, comments, request and complaints. Effectively works in a diverse team environment in a proficient and friendly manner.
- Performs all aspects of the Bakery Decorator functions including but not limited to stocking, displays, and facing in an efficient and organized manner. Ensures display presentation and stock levels are maintained.
- Handles merchandise ensuring quality, minimize damages and markdowns. Provides substitutions and ensure price integrity including price changes
- Performs general cleanup duties such as cleaning spills and display fixtures to ensure neat and organized department. Responsible for keeping the sales floor and back stock area clean from cardboard and debris, as well as disposal of garbage.
- Performs duties following established Occupational Health & Safety, Food Safety, and Environmental regulations and policies to ensure the health and safety of all staff
What skills and abilities will you need to be considered?
- Grade 12 or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Combination of bakery and decorator training and experience
- Must pass in-house Cake Decorator
- Must be fluent in English (CLBA-Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment score of 5 or higher)
What skills and abilities will set you apart from others?
- Supervisory experience
- S.A.I.T or Wilton Decorating course or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
Calgary Co-op has excellent opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge. We offer competitive wages, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, employee and family assistance plan, and a scholarship program. As well as numerous training and development programs.
We believe that if we take care of our team members, our team members will take care of our business.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants being considered will be contacted for an interview.