About the Job
Manage processing and packing of baked products in a semi-automated high-volume manufacturing plant located in NE Calgary
Responsibilities consist of all aspects of running a commercial bakery operation in a safe and efficient manner as it relates to both food safety and employee safety. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employee scheduling
- Planning and overseeing daily production
- Assist in ordering and inventory procedures
- Managing and developing shift supervisors
- Ensuring product quality standards are consistently achieved
- Oversee daily food safety/security procedures
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to as per OHS requirements.
- Conduct Safety, Hazard Analysis Audits and Inspections when necessary.
- Perform formal, true root cause analysis to identify and resolve downtime and /or inefficient operational issues.
- Perform formal subordinate evaluations.
- Creation and implementation of training programs & operational procedures.
- Proven leadership abilities
- 3 years Production Management (commercial bakery manufacturing experience is an asset but not a must)
- Familiar with food manufacturing & packaging equipment.
- Knowledge of plant efficiencies & throughput
- Have experience and training in HACCP as well as OHS
- Solid organizational, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) using Microsoft Office platform.
- Computer skills (Excel & Word)
- Ability to motivate and lead a diverse work force to achieve desired results.
- Bilingual in English and Punjabi an asset
- Be flexible and adaptable to work environment
- Possess a high standard of integrity and accountability