About the Job
Job Summary :
Assembles, installs, and repairs, and maintains HVAC equipment, products and systems
- Read, interpret, create and maintain drawings and specifications.
- Install air conditioning, heating, and related equipment and components.
- Overhaul and service air conditioning, heating units and systems.
- Repair, replace and adjust worn or broken parts on condensers, compressors, and water and vacuum pumps.
- Repair and adjust valves, piping connections, fittings, and couplings.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with heating and air conditioning units and systems.
- Install motors, thermostats, and humidistats.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned apprentices.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Education and Experience
- High School degree, diploma, or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- A current Alberta driver's license.
- A valid and up to date Certificate of Qualification.
- Knowledge and skill of tools, equipment, and materials and practices of the trade.
- Knowledge of applicable HVAC codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.