Brock Solutions is an engineering solutions and professional services company specializing in the design, build and implementation of real-time solutions for broad based industrial/manufacturing and transportation/logistics organizations globally. With approximately 400 employees in Canada and the U.S., Brock Solutions is a privately held, employee owned organization with over 30 years in the real-time solutions space.
As Brock Solutions continues to grow and respond to the on-going requirements of major clients, we need to add talent to our base of outstanding professionals. We are currently seeking a Controls Systems Support Specialist to join our team of experienced professionals located at our head office in Kitchener, ON.
As a member of the Service Team, you will be tasked with the important role of providing front-line support services to our customers for systems developed by Brock Solutions. A successful candidate in this role will be customer service oriented as well as resourceful when dealing with issues that arise.
- Troubleshoot a variety of systems over the phone via remote networking
- Quickly respond to problems
- Interact with customers and understand the client processes
- Perform inspections of current systems to identify current and potential issues
- Diagnose and analyze systems to determine the root causes of current issues, to identify potential future issues, and to identify areas to improve or maintain system performance
- Electrical design and PLC programming on small conveyor project
- 1 to 3 years of experience within a similar role and industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Systems Design, Automation, Industrial Engineering or college equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem analysis skills
- Ability to learn new processes and technologies quickly
- Capacity to stay cool under pressure
- Ability to identify and manage potential escalations in a timely manner
- Knowledge of PLCs (e.g. ControlLogix, Modicon, Siemens S7) is an asset
- Knowledge of HMIs (e.g. FactoryTalkView, Wonderware, iFix) is an asset
- Please note that this position may require travel (approximately 40%), and is part of an on-call rotation
New grads are welcome to apply. If you have graduated within the last 3 years, please also submit a soft copy of your transcript (unofficial copy is fine).
|Brock Solutions strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, Brock Solutions will endeavour to remove barriers to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.|