About the Job
SANDSTONE Asset Management Inc. is a Calgary-based firm that provides discretionary investment management services to private individuals, foundations & family trusts. The firm is fully independent and unaffiliated, and owned by our key employees. Our pride of ownership is evident through our passion for investing and our dedication to developing and nurturing client relationships. We focus on a limited number of clients who meet our minimum investment requirements to ensure the highest standard of personal service.
The successful candidate will be leading the planning, development, production and management of compelling marketing collateral for a range of digital platforms.
Consistent with SANDSTONE’s voice and vision, you write clean, concise, error-free and polished copy. You’re highly creative and an excellent writer and content creator but can also be process-driven and rely on data and information to make decisions. Drawing stories and content from SANDSTONE’s value proposition, you are responsible for bringing SANDSTONE to life online (and off – you should know a thing or two about print and swag).
• Expand and optimize existing content strategy, including the creation and maintenance of editorial calendars
• Research, write, edit and package compelling content (both long-form and real-time) that aligns with best practices across a number of digital and print platforms in a clear and concise manner
• Use analytics to inform and evolve content strategy to increase engagement
• Develop strong relationships and work with various internal and external vendors, including company leadership, to determine communications requirements and priorities
• Identify strategic opportunities to promote SANDSTONE content across our social and digital platforms
• Act as a content reviewer and editor as required to ensure proper compliance and writing standards
• Develop unique story angles related to SANDSTONE content on an ongoing basis
• Ensure brand consistency in all communications and follow brand standards, including both verbal and visual identity
• Stay informed of emerging trends in technology and of best-in-class digital marketing strategies
• Develop SANDSTONE’s reputation as thought leaders
• Scope, recruit and manage contracted copywriters and designers as needed on various campaigns.
• Post-secondary education in communications, public relations or another related discipline a plus
• Strong management and organizational skills
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills with a superior attention to detail
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for web and online tools and a commitment to continual learning about the latest platforms, technology tools and content solutions
• Strong, proven creativity: Ability to tell a story using words, images, video and/or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience
• Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation, and distribution strategies and tactics
• Experience developing key messaging
• Experience in conception and creation of multi-media content for diverse audiences
• Experience managing editorial schedules and meeting tight deadlines
• Experience providing training and support for web and digital content writing, digital and content marketing best practices, and social media content creation
• Actively seeks out opportunities to build a digital presence and ensures design and content alignment between print and digital assets
• Experience writing for various platforms including the web and social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and in various formats
• Responsible for continuous upkeep of collateral and web content, and optimize for search and lead generation
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and customer service focus with a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a highly collaborative, socially conscious environment.
• Financial Services experience a plus
• Familiarity with digital asset management systems (DAM) and web publishing systems (CMS) a plus
Qualified applicants are invited to email their curriculum vitae + cover letter (including salary expectations) in confidence to the Human Resources Department - email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in SANDSTONE. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.