About the Job
The Director, Mechanical & Electrical reports directly to the Vice President, Buildings Major Projects, and will have an in-depth knowledge of Operational Leadership, P3 and Design Build Contract Management, and M&E Project Management on major projects in excess of $200 million. After demonstrated growth, there is potential opportunity for the successful candidate to be promoted in to the Director of Mechanical & Electrical position.
As Director, Mechanical & Electrical at Graham you will, with the assistance of the M&E team of Managers, Specialists and Estimators:
- Lead the Mechanical and Electrical Team in the pursuits of P3, DB, and fixed price projects
- Lead preparation and negotiation of M&E subcontracts
- Develop and monitor submittals
- Review submittals and manage the submission to the design team/ and authority as required
- Attend / Lead design, owner and subtrade meetings
- Issue and manage electrical and mechanical RFIs
- Resolve electrical and mechanical site and design issues
- Lead M&E portions of project schedule
- Administer M&E contracts for major projects, including special and general conditions
- Monitor Mechanical and Electrical inspections as well as maintain Deficiency reports to subtrades
- Resolve issues with governing authorities
- Assist in the overall commissioning process and act as liaison with 3rd party commissioning agent, lead the Mechanical and Electrical commissioning
- Assist with building turnover, training and closeout documentation
To be successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- An Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Technologist Degree or diploma
- A Journeyman Certificate (or equivalency)
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior M&E leadership role at a medium to large General Contractor, focusing on major commercial projects (hospitals, universities or other landmark builds) valued greater than $150 million, with prior experience working with P3/PPP (Private Public Partnership) and Design Build contract types
- Experience in Mechanical & Electrical bid leadership and costing for major commercial buildings projects in excess of $150 million
- Experience in commissioning, transitioning, and turnover of large commercial buildings
- Strong team leadership skills and experience
- Track record of success in managing joint venture, client, and subcontractor/vendor relationships
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, permanent role
- Competitive salary ($160,000 - $175,000) with annual bonus and potential merit increases
- Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
- Possibility of relocation assistance
Must have legal authorization to work in Canada for anyone other than the current employer
Work location will be based out of the Calgary Corporate office:
Calgary Corporate Office
10840 – 27 Street S.E.
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs.
View available job opportunities and submit your application online at http://careers.grahambuilds.com/ .
Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham website.
Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6