About the Job
Pason is the leading global provider of specialized data management systems for land-based and offshore rigs worldwide. Our rental solutions, which include data acquisition, wellsite reporting, remote communications, and web-based information management, enable collaboration between the rig and the office.
Pason’s energized and focused work environment empowers each team member to push the envelope of traditional thinking to create new solutions to old problems. We place considerable focus on a culture that nurtures imagination in an atmosphere where people are free to perform to their fullest potential in an open and friendly environment.
The Canadian Account Management team is a small but highly effective team. The focus of the team is to increase overall revenue by providing solutions for Pason’s clients within a wide ranging ecosystem that allows multidisciplinary collaboration. The team is also responsible to advocate for clients to ensure that Pason continues to offer the products and service that meets their ongoing needs.
TheDrilling OptimizationEngineer studentwill work closely with the Canadian Account Management team and our customers to help them drill more effectively and efficiently. This will be done through analyzing our customers' drilling data and creating well plans or Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reports to optimize their drilling operations. The Drilling Optimization Engineer student will report to the Canadian Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analytical support to Canadian customers with their drilling and geological data
- Analyze and report key performance indicators(KPI’s) forPason’s E&P customers’ drilling performance
- Analyze and report on the value and performance of Pason’s proprietary drilling optimization technology
- Evaluate customer data and present it in clear, concise and visually appealing formats for ease of consumption by end users
- Assist Account Managers and attend their customer meetings to create solutions, reports and service offerings that align with their needs
- Assist the Account Management team by analyzing customer datato help grow revenue in product lines including gas analysis, drilling optimization products, internet usage and well control
- Identifyopportunities to continuously improve work deficiencies within the role
- Create Drilling Guidance System well plans utilizing Matlab based tools and other methods
- Provide assistance to Pason’s Technical Support team with regards to well statuses and ensure well plans are available, up to date and in line with customers drilling schedules
- Support the needs of other business units as demand and resources allow
Essential Job Requirements
- Currently enrolled in 3rd year studies in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or another Engineering Degree from an accredited University
- Experience in the oil and gas industry would be an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of the drilling process would be an asset
- Sales and marketing experience would be an asset
- Advanced Excel proficiency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfort with presentations to diverse audiences
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong experience in Excel
- Analytical focus with strong attention to detail
Working at Pason
Pason promotes a healthy lifestyle within and outside the workplace. Employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive base salary compensation, discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefit program
- Access to onsite amenities such as fitness and workout rooms; Pilates and yoga classes
- Foosball, ping-pong, and an outdoor ball hockey area
- Free parking and bicycle storage
- Summer barbeques, and other Pason-sponsored social and community activities held throughout the year
If this sounds like Your Pason, and you are seeking a dynamic work environment where you will join a talented group of imaginative and creative people, then we would like to hear from you. We invite you to (https://recruiting.ultipro.ca/PAS5000PASON/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?_VT=ExtCan) to apply. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.