At Microserve, we’re an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ over 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients.
Microserve offers competitive compensation, benefits, paid vacation, and educational subsidies. Microserve also provides IT professionals with the opportunity for rewarding and stimulating careers and offers a friendly work environment.
Microserve is looking for an HR Assistant/Coordinator to join our team in Burnaby, BC for a 6 months contract, with the strong possibility of becoming full time. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this individual will be responsible for a wide range of HR activities. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to gain relevant HR experience or new graduates with relevant post-secondary education.
- Act as the primary point of contact for new hire and onboarding documentation
- Create all new hire/contractor documentation and packages
- Create and maintain confidential employee and contractor files
- Assist with benefits administration
- Act as point of contact for training and development initiatives
- Complete/track Job Grant applications and reimbursement forms
- Research and coordinate with HR team on various HR activities and projects
- Assist HR Manager with the day-to-day efficient operation of the Human Resources
For successful consideration, you must have:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
- Minimum 1 year of working knowledge of Human Resources practices including Employment Standards and Work Safe regulations
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience working with HRIS system(s)
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to meet tight deadlights
Please note: Our client requires a criminal record check and driver’s abstract.