About the Job
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re an unconventional company with no HR Department. Instead we run a Talent Agency, where people, known lovingly as DIRTTBags, don't face lengthy policies, procedures or forms. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals (more than 750 throughout North America) who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for an Intermediate Accountantto join our team.
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented and not afraid to get things done. You are a driven, energetic, and professional individual with a strong work ethic. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of inventory movement and ensure accurate costing of inventory
- Partnering with operation to provide in-depth analysis of operations, performance inventory valuation, product/production cost variances, purchase price variances, labour costs and freight cost analysis
- Ensure costs are properly accrued in the correct periods through following up with management prior to the financial system close and providing accruals
- Identify and drive system improvements
- Month-end reporting, journal entries, variance analysis
- Assist in quarterly reviews and Y/E audit as required
- University degree in finance or accounting
- CPA, CA/CPA, CMA designation
- At least two years of post-designation experience
- Good understanding of consolidations, financial systems, financial processes and internal controls
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and work within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong commitment to ensuring deadlines are maintained and achieved
- Strong knowledge of full cycle month end accounting and analysis as related inventory, operations and costing in manufacturing
- Experience working under pressure
Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation
To apply for this position please apply online at: firstname.lastname@example.org
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.