About the Job
RVS invites applications for a continuing, full-time (40 hrs/wk) Journeyman Carpenter position at the Education Centre located in Airdrie, Alberta starting approximately July 31, 2017. The successful candidate will require a valid Alberta Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operators License. The Journeyman Carpenter shall abide by the "Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act".
- Utilizes knowledge of Alberta Building Code and other codes relevant to the duties of a journeyman carpenter
- Operates hand, power, pneumatic and explosion-activated tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Maintains knowledge of all materials relating to the carpentry trade and seeks out information on new materials that may be appropriate for use in school buildings
- Reads and utilizes blueprints, specifications and standards effectively
- Produces accurate and readable sketches
- Cares for company vehicles and equipment and reports any problems
- Prepares reports and schedules surveys or recommendations as requested
- Journeyman Carpenter Certification
- Three or more years journeyman carpentry experience is preferred
- Knowledge of window and door hardware installation and repair
- Knowledge of glazing installation and repair
- Knowledge of plans and specifications
- Confined space certified
- Proficiency with computers
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
As the successful candidate, you will be required to submit a current Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check. Please submit your application, cover letter, resume including the names and contact information of three professional references, quoting Job Code #1998187, on or before June 30, 2017 at 4:30 pm. We request all applications be placed through https://rockyview.simplication.com .
Interviews for this position will be held the week of July 10, 2017.
Rocky View Schools
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.