About the Job
DEL Equipment is Canada’s Premier Truck Equipment Advisor and Assembler. DEL engineers, designs, and manufactures truck body and equipment solutions. DEL has been serving the Canadian market for over 70 years and delivers “Toughness you can trust™”. DEL has a broad and diverse customer base including municipalities, truck dealerships, national fleet accounts and business operators who want a superior experience when getting their vehicles up-fitted with quality truck bodies and truck equipment. We pride ourselves on consistently high levels of product quality, service and lasting customer relationships.
Project Coordinator/Lead Hand (Fabrication)– Calgary Branch
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for Truck Equipment Manufacturing and Fabrication Project Lead Hand who has experience working with commercial truck and service vehicles to coordinate and oversee the fabrication of products such as service bodies and other mechanical equipment.
In this role, you will lead our expert team of welders/technicians on a variety of standard and customized heavy equipment fabrication projects.
· Review drawings and work with shop team to determine approach for fabrication, including material requirements, tools and method of fabrication for optimal quality and safety.
· Establish priorities for specific customer orders and revises schedule according to work order specifications, based on availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines, and equipment.
· Schedule and coordinate flow of work in production schedule to expedite completion of work orders.
· Review and follow detailed instructions and schematics for fabrication of service bodies and other standard truck upfitting products and accessories.
· Work as part of the fabrication team on the shop floor, providing hands on coaching, leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
· Work with management to promptly address performance issues, should they arise.
· Identify bottlenecks, downtime risks and develops strategies to avoid delays and enhance productivity.
· Update management regularly on status of orders.
· Ensure all fabrication is completed in a timely manner, meeting customer expectations and project time estimates.
· Journeyman welder with a depth of proven aluminum welding experience.
· Project Management and/or Production Coordinator experience or training in a manufacturing or assembly environment.
· Effective communication and organizational skills to effectively interact across all teams and levels of the organization.
· Strong planning skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of good practices such as short interval control.
· Five or more years’ experience with truck parts fabrication, assembly and installation an asset.
· Ability to work on a variety of different tasks in a fast-paced environment and manage through peak periods of customer demand.
If this describes you, please apply on our careers website or complete an application (available on-line) or drop off at our Calgary location.
This is a full time job 40 hours per week, 8 to 4:30, Monday to Friday. Competitive pay, dependent upon experience.
DEL offers a challenging, innovative, fast-moving environment with career advancement opportunities, competitive overall compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and a safe and respectful workplace.
Creating Strength Through People!