About the Job
JBS Food Canada ULC is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Supervisor for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day.
As a member of the maintenance team you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the safe maintenance, repairs and maintenance of plant equipment and systems, to ensure optimum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Supervises plant maintenance personnel, and is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, controlling co-ordinating, scheduling and assigning all work requirements associated with breakdown, preventative maintenance, predictive technologies, project and day to day work orders while ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulations in maintenance.
· Provide immediate response to operational maintenance concerns and communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all areas to minimize interruptions in production.
· Maintain accurate records of management, operations and maintenance through compliance with company policies, procedures and property loss programs.
· Working knowledge of computer software, such as Microsoft Office Suite
· Supervises repairs/projects carried out by Maintenance personnel and Contractors and ensures the quality of their work and their adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups;
· Plans and controls expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department;
· Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures while ensuring compliancy with all regulations pertaining to the maintenance department are met at all times.
Qualifications and Competencies:
· Educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree), and coupled with a Journeyman Trade Designation (or equivalent) is considered an asset.
· Three years supervision experience in the maintenance and/or operation of process manufacturing facility in a fast paced unionized environment. Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· In depth knowledge of a continuous process manufacturing facility and strong experience with equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics and, piping repairs with maintenance of processing equipment is considered an asset.
· Experience with Process Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma, TPM, etc.)
· Experience driving Preventative Maintenance Systems
· Willingness and flexible to work in shift as scheduled (afternoon shift/weekends)
· Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills
· Excel interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of Windows and MS Office suite.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test
Earn Competitive Wage
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Subsidized Bus Transport | Rosetta Stone Multi-Language Learning | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC.
PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6 Apply online www.jbssa.com