JBS Food Canada ULC is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently recruiting Meat Cutters for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses.
- Cut beef or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging, De-bone meat, Cut meat into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, mesh safety equipment, etc) as provided by the Employer
- Working in a variety of environments including wet, humid, cold, hot, inside or outside
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Trade certificate or diploma
- 3 years to less than 5 years’ experience as Meat Cutter is required
- Good English skills
- Working with animal blood and various parts/contents of a butchered animal
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physical demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Bending, Crouching, kneeling.
Type of equipment:
Stunning devices, Knives, Saws, Power cutting tools
Work Site Environment:
Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated
Earn Competitive Starting Wages of $20.05 - $22.20, 40.00 Hours per week as per collective agreement
Permanent Full Time Position, Shift
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Subsidized Bus Transport | Rosetta Stone Multi-Language Learning | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC.
Mailing Address: PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Physical Location: 4km west of Brooks on Trans Canada Highway No.1
Phone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403 501 2239