About the Job
Job title: Organic Chemistry Technician
Location: Calgary, AB
Hours of work: 40
- Collect client samples according to the LIMS generated batch sheet and analyze, maintaining high standards of analytical quality
- Perform analysis as documented in the test method
- Interpret and validate results and data
- Prepare reagents and standards
- Perform regular equipment maintenance and advise team leader when equipment is not functioning
- Clean glassware as specified in the test method
- Maintain equipment maintenance log and reagent preparation log
- Request supplies and consumables in advance of requirement by recording needed items in order book
- Train new staff in test methods
- Follow the Quality System as documented in the Quality Manual
- General duties as directed by the team leader or operations manager
- Analyze, verify and approve client test data
- Complete client sample analysis within specified turn around time (TAT)
- Strict adherence to the corporate Quality System
- Perform test methods as documented
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; comply with all rules and responsibilities as outlined under the corporate Health and Safety Policy
- Seek out their direct supervisor if they are unsure of any job duties or tasks as per the structure shown in the organizational chart
What are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education in chemistry or other science related field
- 1 plus year of relevant experience (open to internship or classroom experience)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of quality standards as specified in the test method and data validation criteria
Who are we looking for?
- Must be able to work independently and work as team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management
Be Exova’s next great hire.
Apply Now: https://exova.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/ 542
We thank all those who apply; however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Exova welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. All efforts will be made to provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Exova is an AA/EEO employer
Click Here To Apply