At Microserve, we are an industry leader in providing technology solutions to public and private sector clients across Western Canada. Headquartered in Burnaby, BC, with offices in Victoria, Calgary, and Edmonton, we employ approximately 250 staff, and are one of the largest technology solutions providers, recognized for our ability to deliver and innovate to meet the changing needs of our clients. We are currently recruiting aPayroll Manager to join our team at our head office in Burnaby, BC. For more information about us, please visit www.microserve.ca.
As a key partner and resource to management, staff, and the human resources team, the Payroll Manager will manage and implement the company’s compensation program, payroll and benefits, ensuring compliance with all internal policies and provincial legislation. The work environment is dynamic and multi-faceted, and requires a flexible and broad skill set, along with the interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels and locations. The position reports to the VP Finance.
· Manage semi-monthly payroll processing for 250+ employees and 50 to 100 contract staff
· Supervise two payroll co-ordinators and collaborate with the Director of HR and HR administrator on all aspects of payroll and benefits administration, including responding to daily payroll inquiries
· Assist in managing new employee payroll administration and processing of terminations, contractor changes and renewals
· Refine the functionality of the recently implemented ADP HRIS payroll and benefits modules, develop additional functions and reporting tools, and provide related internal training that may be required
· Create routine and ad-hoc reports using Excel ADP Workforce Now and other tools for various departments and our management team
· Ensure appropriate oversight of the administration of health and benefit plans, which include medical, dental, life, EAP, disabiity, RRSP
· Collaborate and consult with internal resources and senior management in support of staff compensation strategies; clearly communicate compensation, salary, and merit policies and procedures.
For successful consideration, you must bring:
· A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible professional experience managing payroll, benefits, and compensation programs, including team leadership experience
· CPA Certification or CPM Certification a definite asset; experience working across provincial jurisdictions is desirable
· Significant computerized payroll experience (ADP, Ceridien), and familiarity with HRIS systems and reporting tools
· Demonstrated initiative in investigating solutions to process issues and advancing new ideas, projects, and systems improvements
· The ability to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and a plan of action. Strong mathematical and analytical capabilities.
· A collaborative nature and the ability to communicate effectively with direct reports, managers, executives, and external parties such as government agencies and vendors