About the Job
Eguana Technologies (TSX: EGT.V) designs and manufactures high performance power electronics for residential and commercial energy storage systems. Eguana has more than 15 years’ experience delivering grid edge power electronics for fuel cell, photovoltaic and battery applications and delivers proven, durable, high quality solutions from its high capacity manufacturing facilities in Europe and North America.
The company’s mission is to bridge the gap between electricity supply and demand by making distributed energy storage more economic, flexible and reliable to enable the highest penetration of renewable energy sources into the grid. Its vision is to become the world leading supplier of intelligent power electronics for grid tied residential storage applications.
Eguana’s product philosophy is to serve the renewable energy markets with innovative, cost efficient and reliable products that are agnostic to different technologies and easily customized to meet the specific needs of the company’s partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Undertake and participate in production.
· Test products or sub-assemblies for functionality or quality.
· Prepare and assemble materials and/or components for production.
· Set-up and operate production equipment in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
· Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, protractors or ring gauges.
· Set-up and verify the functionality of safety equipment.
· Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices or products. Determine causes of operational problems or failures on products.
· Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications. Inspect finished products to locate flaws.
· Undertake or supervise surface mount and through hole soldering according to the requirements of provided schematics.
· Maintain inventory of job materials, equipment and/or products.
· Work along with the operations department to ship products produced out of the Calgary facility as required by the production schedule.
· Support Supply Chain to approve alternate sources for parts by performing component level tests using datasheets and generating quality reports.
· Understand and implement in production engineering changes, updated drawings and revision documents to maintain product revision.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Terms of Employment: Full-time permanent position
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 CAD