About the Job
Project Lead - Marketing Communications
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Day
Other Benefits: Medical benefits, dental benefits, vision care benefits, generous vacation entitlement.
Start Date:IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT
Location:Suite 212, The Devenish Building, 908 - 17th Ave SW
Education & Experience:Degree in any field.Ideally 2-3 years’ experience working in a team environment, however, new grads welcome to apply.
Languages: Speak English fluently, read and write English proficiently.
We are looking for the right personality fit. The right candidate will be provided with training and mentorship. General skill requirements are:
- Outcomes focused attitude and outgoing personality - enjoys engaging with people: directly, by phone and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication & listening skills.
- Stamina and energy required to work to a plan.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Proficient in basic computer use - familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and ideally proficient with some social media.
- Strong interest in marketing communications.
- ***Must demonstrate clear aptitude for promotion to Project Manager within a short time frame.
- ***Efficiency, accuracy, and outstanding attention to detail are critical.
About Critical Path Group
Critical Path Group is a speciality events, advisory and business intelligence firm. Operating at the intersection of high growth technology companies and the private equity community, the ﬁrm is dedicated exclusively to the emerging technology industries. We manage Canada’s largest portfolio of technology commercialization conferences, spanning the country from coast to coast. Our conferences bring together innovators who are addressing some of the world’s most compelling challenges in the fields of energy, the environment, and health care. The growing portfolio includes:
- PROPEL Energy Tech Forum - Calgary
- AGRI Tech Venture Forum - Toronto
- Atlantic Venture Forum - Halifax
- Canadian Financing Forum - Vancouver
- Banﬀ Venture Forum - Banff
The successful candidate will provide marketing communications & project management support to one or severalProject Managers. Initial responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Website Content Updates - Use a content management system to maintain event websites.
- Social Media - Utilize social media channels.
- E-Newsletters - Create and distributepermission based e-newsletters promoting the conferences we manage. We use Constant Contact.
- Marketing Materials -Work closely with Project Managers to update and re-design various marketing documents.
- Phone Campaigns - Contact past and prospective conference delegates to apprise them of upcoming conference details.
- Web Research - Assist Project Managers with delegated research tasks.
- Sponsor Relationships- Communicate with a diverse range of industry and public sector organizations that are involved in our events.
- Liaise with industry Partners- Maintain excellent working relationships with our many communications partners, who help cross-promote our conferences to their respective constituents.
- Maintain Marketing Databases - Maintain databases of key contacts for various projects.
- Marketing Communication Plans - Work closely with project managers to manage communications with sponsors, delegates, private companies, public sector agencies & other stakeholders.
- Project Management - Within a short period, be prepared to perform the duties of an acting Project Manager when required.
- Some travel required, but dates are promulgated well in advance.
How to Apply
Please communicate your interest in this position by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make your first impression count with an email introduction. Generic applications will be ignored.
- Please note that only candidates selected for a phone or in-person interview will be responded to.
- Candidates of interest will be responded to very quickly.