About the Job
The PM provides project management leadership as part of delivering complex control room solutions. Focus is on providing pre-sales including technical sales/client support; detailed contract response and client sign off through to shipment, delivery, installations and punch-list
- Develop, coordinate and oversee all tasks, proposal/quote preparation, work plans, timelines, logistics, critical dates, third party interfaces, performance quality, budget, and project administration, for each assigned project.
- Establish overall scope and success criteria; ensure positive customer experience.
- Direct dealer/manufacturer/client team to achieve mutual goals and communicate status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assessment and/or design study of new opportunities including competitive bids
- Work with internal and external resources for the creation of room layout, space planning and conceptual drawings
- Pricing/proposals/revisions/change orders as may be applicable
- Project Management of sold proposals utilizing company’s internal processes
- Technical client interface with sales, clients, integrators, dealers
- Takes lead on sign-off of the completed project, post fabrication and prior to shipment
- Function as the primary client interface for control room furniture and/or integrated turnkey projects.
- Involves high degreeof external client interface and interaction, often with high-profile accounts. A sales/customer focused attitude and enjoyment in dealing with customers is critical and mandatory in this role. Coordinate appropriate information flow among key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of project from start to finish.
- 5+ years of commercial project management, including design, construction and furniture dealership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, engineering, architecture, business administration
- Project Management training required. PMP designation or equivalent years of training/experience upon hire
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to read and manipulate engineering and architectural drawings and specifications in order to manipulate basic 3D engineering models and do cost takeoffs, pricing and interpret variety of instructions in legal, mathematical or diagrammatic form
- Strong customer interaction skills. Enjoy dealing with customers.
- Experience in dealing with government customers
- Excellent communication, organization and PC skills
- Managing resources, schedules and budgets, conducting presentations and project meetings
- Ability to read and understand contracts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management and scheduling software, including online tools.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve effectively and creatively discipline
- Able to multi-task multiple projects in unpredictable workload environments
- Strong business acumen
- PMP DESIGNATION OR PURSUIT OF SAME
If you are qualified, interested or know of someone who could be interestedplease contact HUMAN RESOURCES @ ext. 3342/ VIA EMAIL Glinton@evansonline.com