About the Job
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room .
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Purchasing Manager -TheRec Room Deerfoot , reporting to the Chef -The Rec Room Deerfoot. This position will be based at The Rec Room Deerfoot located at 901 64 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB.
Negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the Rec Room by performing the following duties personally or through other members of the Rec Room leadership team. Ensures the Rec Room maintains an adequate level of inventory in order to be prepared to deliver against the needs of forecasted business.
- Assists in Managing Work, Projects, Policies, and Standards for Purchasing Across Departments
- Supports generating and providing accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
- Supports sanitation compliance.
- Assists management team in all aspects of purchasing (e.g., Games, Food, Beverage and Controllable) to ensure quality and profitability.
- Orders all food and beverage based on business needs.
- Assists in maintaining/lower budgeted food/controllable costs.
- Ensures that proper safeguards are in effect for the security of the food and beverage storeroom assets.
- Enforces item use-up with storeroom personnel and kitchen management to keep inventory at lowest level possible levels.
- Communicates with Rec Room management and vendors to ensure timing of deliveries satisfies advanced food production needs.
- Checks invoice on goods received against shipment to ensure quantity, quality, weights and purchase specifications are as ordered.
- Uses existing computer programs to perform daily and period end food and beverage costs.
- Maintains inventory controls for proper levels, dating, rotation, requisitions, etc.
- Ensures all Rec Room facilities, inclusive of rest rooms are maintained and clean
- Completes administrative tasks on a timely basis
- Supports period end inventory according to Food and Beverage and Accounting standard operation procedures.
- Calculates figures for food and beverage inventory.
- Ensures that price and product availability issues are communicated as needed to the management team.
- Receives and inspects deliveries.
- Maintains an accurate controllable log and beverage perpetual.
- Supports accurate administration of all invoices, and adherence to proper bookkeeping procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of basic Facility maintenance and R&M standards, procedures, practices
- Required to negotiate, contract and oversee all outside facility contractor functions
- Negotiate, contract and oversee all outside repair and maintenance functions
- University degree or College Diploma in an appropriate field.
- 3-5 years of direct restaurant experience in a management or financial capacity
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills are essential
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events
- Required to work flexible hours inclusive of evenings and weekends
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Overtime as required
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please