Alberta Blue Cross has an excellent opportunity for a Respiratory Therapist to apply their knowledge and expertise to a variety of processes we have in place to meet the needs of our customers. The primary focus will be on supporting the processing of respiratory claims and working with external stakeholders to administer timely access to respiratory benefits in the community. This position will appeal to motivated and enthusiastic individuals who are looking for different ways to apply their superior communication and organizational skills in a non-clinical setting. Potential candidates must be able to work collaboratively and transparently with multiple organizations to assist with the administration of benefits. This position is located in the Edmonton office.
- The successful candidate must have education from an accredited post-secondary institution and a current practice permit from the Register of the College and Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta (CARTA).
- Minimum of five years experience as a Respiratory Therapist, in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of respiratory therapies including, sleep testing, CPAP and BPAP. Non-invasive and invasive ventilation, specifically BPAP and home ventilators.
- Ability to analyze clinical data such as arterial blood gases, pulmonary function testing, oximetry reports, respiratory assessments, miscellaneous blood work and lab results.
- Familiarity with cardiopulmonary disease processes to relay benefit eligibility decisions.
- Must have strong attention to detail and analytical critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills, specifically with Microsoft programs.
- Excellent customer and leadership abilities.
- Experience with insurance and benefit claims would be considered an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply online at www.ab.bluecross.ca.