About the Job
Cineplex is one of Canada's leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE - Canada's largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com
Do you have a passion for new and exciting nationwide business ventures? Would you love to be part of a team that's set to expand from coast to coast in Canada? Do you want to play a crucial role in changing the landscape of entertainment in Canada? Now that I have your attention and have peaked your interest - let's tell you a bit about this revolutionary new concept called The Rec Room .
The concept will feature a wide range of entertainment options: a large attractions area featuring state of the art simulation games, redemption gaming for prizes, and a variety of recreational games that may include luxury bowling, billiards, shuffleboard and ping pong. There will be an auditorium-style venue offering live entertainment - musical acts, bands and comedians - and also featuring a theatre-sized, high definition screen for catching the game or watching a wide range of other entertainment programming. The Rec Room will also offer an upscale casual dining environment, featuring an open kitchen and a contemporary menu offering everyone's favourites, as well as an "eatertainment-style" concept in the games area. A large centre bar area with adjacent stage will include impressive digital displays and serve as the gathering spot for watching the big game or other major events. The Rec Room will integrate a cutting-edge interactive technology platform that will enhance all aspects of the entertainment experience.
Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is currently recruiting for the position of Sales Manager - The Rec Room Deerfoot , reporting to the General Manager -The Rec Room Deerfoot& the Director, Groups & Events. This position will be based at TheRec Room Deerfoot located at 901 64 Avenue NE in Calgary, AB T2E 7P4.
The Sales Manager is required to develop and manage key accounts, new business and ongoing customer relationships to ensure that all revenue goals are met or exceeded within the Rec Room. This role is responsible for coordinating paperwork and public relations for all events scheduled for public space and meeting rooms. He/she will ensure that all contractual commitments made are detailed and communicated in a timely manner to the various operating departments.
You are an experienced sales person who enjoys breaking new ground, finding new accounts and helping clients reach their goals. You will have accountability for optimizing revenue generating events for the Rec Room and are responsible for driving business and meeting sales goals. As the Rec Room Sales Manager, you will prospect and service clients with meeting and event needs within theCalgary market. You are a multitasker and a team player who is equally comfortable prospecting for new business as you are with developing deeper sales relationships with existing clients. Superior interpersonal skills are a must and you will be masterful at creating positive working relationships with peers, management and all parties within the client-supplier work streams.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the Rec Room within assigned market segments, using effective written and oral communication.
- Territory development; meet or exceed weekly minimum solicitation goals.
- Conduct outside sales calls locally to pre-qualified prospects.
- Represent the Rec Room in at least one community or industry organization.
- Prepare information for, meet and entertain clients as appropriate.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Responsible for communication and overall execution of all Rec Room booked events.
- Collaborate and support the events team as required.
- Work in collaboration with the door team for the seamless transition of group and public space.
- Work from a solicitation plan weekly, and a systematic account coverage plan. Critique and build upon successes, let go of non-producing leads.
- Work with Rec Room leadership to maximize all rate, date and space commitments, ensuring highest yield for location.
- Execute sales strategies and business plans to maximize revenue; make recommendations based on local market expertise; environmental knowledge.
- Meet Rec Room administrative standards.
- Participate in weekly sales meeting withDirector of Sales.
- Attend Operations meetings
- Offer ideas related to ways to improve marketability.
- Submit weekly sales activity report.
- Is flexible to handle all inquiries and market segments as team member.
- Commitment to sales excellence and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Strong presentation skills for client meetings, tradeshows and industry events.
- Ensure proper client event execution through client and the Rec Room team via appropriate and agreed upon communication standards.
- Manage and maintain account information, opportunity management and sales reporting through CRM.
- Limited travel within Canada.
- May be required to function as an operations role on occasion.
- University degree or College Diploma in Hospitality Management and/or Meeting Planning a must.
- Previous hotel, theatre, convention or unique venue sales experience will be advantageous 5-8 years of direct meeting and event planning sales experience in a management capacity.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team.
- Strong working knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
- SmartServe certification considered an asset.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Exceptional troubleshooting, conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Good training, coaching, and mentoring skills are essential.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a multi-phase entertainment-based destination working environment.
- Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- You are a "hunter" and thrive on developing new business at the same time you are nurturing your current client base.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills.
- Advance working knowledge of MS Office is a requirement.
- Some travel may be required.
- Evenings, weekends and additional hours as required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- This position is responsible for events in a 54,000 square foot facility which requires full range of motion physicality, physical endurance and stamina to work each shift.
Interested applicants, please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment's standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please