About the Job
Servus Credit Union is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies and recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements.
Our Business Banking Centre - Medicine Hat, is looking for a full-time Senior Commercial Relationship Manager who is a strong business developer, with five (5) to seven (7) years of Canadian Financial Institution commercial sales/lending experience.
Working closely with the Regional Manager, Business Banking and/or the Senior Relationship Manager – Team Lead, this team member will implement a proactive approach to sales and business development by cultivating a strong working relationship with potential and existing members, the retail branch network, local business owners, and members of the professional community.
Business Banking Development:
- Develop and maintain effective sales and marketing efforts to maximize Small Business and Commercial Loan growth, Deposit growth and sales of peripheral products to help our members succeed in business.
- Provide proactive advice to our Business Members that offers tailored solutions to meet their financial needs.
- Personally maintain a high profile and professional image in the business and social communities.
- The development and submission of renewal applications, the preparation of consolidated information for reporting purposes to the Regional Manager, Business Banking and/or Team Lead as required. Ensure negotiable and non-negotiable collateral security is obtained and maintained in accordance with the terms of authorized credits.
- University Degree in a business discipline, Bachelor of Commerce
- Minimum of seven years of progressive lending, Commercial Banking within a Canadian Financial Institution
- Strong background in Business Banking, including marketing, business development underwriting and compliance an asset.
- Demonstrated ability in all facets of credit granting and sales of Business Banking products over a five to ten year period.
- Essential knowledge and skills include demonstrated business development skills, analytical abilities and a sound knowledge of portfolio management acquired through the administration of a business portfolio.
- Experience working with and developing relationships with, members, potential members, influential community people and staff is required.
- Agricultural lending considered a strong asset.