Our client in the Toronto area is looking to add a Senior US Accountant to their team. This role will report to the CFO. This is a permanent full time role. The role will be responsible for the effective running of the daily accounting operations for the US division of the company.
- Management of the day to day accounting activities: Billing, invoicing, maintaining the general ledger and government reporting.
- Update on a weekly basis the company dashboard for senior management.
- Prepare financial reports for senior management including all related documentation for quarterly financial reports.
- Implement continuous improvement processes to maximize on efficiency within accounting operations.
- Liaise with external auditors, tax advisors and regulators as needed.
- Monitor the monthly budget variances.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Post secondary degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- US CPA preferred
- 5+ years experience within a US accounting environment
- Previous experience overseeing month end closing and financial statement preparation
- Current knowledge of applicable state laws, regulations, IFRS, ASPE
- Advanced skill in Excel mandatory
- Previous experience with Accpac
- Strong communicator, verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills, strategic thinker
- Relationship builder, client focused
- Previous experience working in a fast paced, high volume environment