About the Job
MyHealth.Alberta.ca (MHA) is a website providing consumer health information and health management tools for all Albertans. As part of the MyHealth.Alberta.ca (MHA) User Experience team, the senior web advisor is responsible for supporting information architecture, on-going research activities, maintaining content templates and publishing content to the website using a content management system. The senior web advisor works with various stakeholders to ensure that content is organized to help increase findability and improve on-going information architecture. This role ensures that content is submitted through the appropriate processes and is entered and formatted to specifications in a timely fashion.
In addition, the senior web advisor will be required to participate in search engine optimization activities, analytics assessment and reporting, and usability evaluation of the solutions.
The successful candidate will exhibit quality written and verbal communications, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task. This role will participate in process definition and improvement as it relates to their area of responsibility.
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Assist in defining the site information architecture using insights gained from user research.
- Review analytics data and conduct with on-going user research.
- Create, publish and implement template based web pages using an enterprise level CMS.
- Provide online user experience advice and support to help architect web pages and solutions.
- Develop information architecture of the site and help improve it based on user research.
- Conduct content audits and analysis to inform the ongoing development and refinement of the information architecture.
- Assist with facilitating the workshops around information architecture.
- Participate in work groups and committees related on-going MyHealth.Alberta.ca projects.
All Non-Union/Exempt positions are being reviewed for possible inclusions in the AUPE General Support Services bargaining unit. If this position is impacted, the incumbent will be notified accordingly.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Communications, Design, Journalism or related field.
- 4 years of experience in user experience, information architecture and research.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with a wide variety of people.
- Experience with web analytics, search engine optimization and visitor behaviour tracking.
- Experience with content management systems.
- SharePoint experience is a definite asset.
- Proven organizational, time management and sound decision making skills required.
- Ability to understand, utilize and communicate specialized information.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- A self-motivated team player with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.