About the Job
Pulse Directional Technologies is a manufacturer of measurement while drilling (MWD) tools for the down-hole market and is looking for a software developer to join our research and development team. We are searching for an individual able to maintain existing code bases, rapid-prototype new solutions, and also develop/test industrial grade software. Most of our software systems communicate with custom hardaware via USB, CANbus, Ethernet, or RS232.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the quality of his/her work, is a clear communicator, works well in a team environment, and is able to build on the work of others.
- programming skills to implement algorithms and integrate them into existing systems
- able to produce clear, concise, and beautiful graphical user interfaces.
- able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- strong analytical and mathematical skills
- able to learn and adapt quickly
- experience with smart phone app development
- knowledge of embedded systems programming (dsPIC).
- familiarity with version control systems (CVS/SVN/GIT).
- labview development experience
- familiarity with linux
- previous experience with MWD equipment