About the Job
Intermediate Software Developer
Join the dynamic and collaborative team at Katalyst Data Management (KDM)! KDM is seeking an experienced Intermediate Software Developer focused on front-end web development with great problem-solving skills who is comfortable working with minimal supervision. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in achieving the company’s goals. Qualified candidates will bring a strong knowledge Software Development and problem solving skills to help us address our customer’s needs.
· Located in Calgary
· Nominally 8.00am – 5pm Monday to Friday with occasional night and weekend work required
· Full-Time position
Katalyst Data Management (KDM) is the global leader in hosted subsurface data management solutions for the oil and gas industry. From data capture and verification, to data storage and organisation, to marketing data online, our specialised data services cater to large multinational corporations, national governments and small independents. KDM’s web-based iGlass services and their related controls, including system redundancy, are key differentiators in providing and maintaining high availability, 24/7 access for customers. Innovation and commitment has enabled KDM to provide excellence in both technologies and service qualities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
In this role you will provide support to international Operations through the development of new products and the enhancement and maintenance of existing products. Working under the technical guidance of the Chief Architect you will collaborate with business analysts, other developers, DBAs, and QA personnel. Great organisational ability, a high level of attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, a natural curiosity and a desire to learn are also required for this role.
· Design, build, deploy and maintain products that will grow the business
· Conduct unit and integration testing to ensure quality standards are met
· Communicate technical problems to peers, architect and project owner and provide recommendations
for possible solutions
· Collaborate with peers and colleagues through active participation in design and code reviews
3. Experience with CSS frameworks (Bootstrap)
4. Experience w/Java 8, JEE 6 (CDI, EJB 3+, JMS, JPA [Hibernate], JAX-RS, JAX-WS) an asset
5. Experience with unit testing (JUnit) and in-browser testing (Selenium)
6. Experience with web frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, GWT)
7. Experience using Agile (Scrum) practices
8. Experience with Linux
10. Experience with Servoy an asset
11. Experience with TypeScript an asset
12. Experience with web & application server configuration & deployment (Apache HTTP Server,
JBoss, Tomcat) an asset
13. Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible) an asset
14. Experience with relational databases, SQL (Oracle) an asset
15. Experience with NoSQL or full-text search technologies (ElasticSearch/Solr/Lucene)
16. Experience with seismic or well data and the PPDM data model an asset
Required Education and Experience
· 3+ years of relevant software Development experience
· Bachelor degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience
· Familiar with test Automation tools such as Selenium, IBM RFT.
· Knowledge of PPDM data model highly valued
Knowledge or experience in Oil and Gas Exploration highly valued
Occasional regional and international travel may be required.
Applications can be emailed in confidence to email@example.com