About the Job
Discover, Develop, and Excel with WinSport:
Working with WinSport means you will be part of creating one of the most unique winter sport institutes in the world. You will be rubbing shoulders with athletes of all levels and disciplines, and you will be working in a world-class facility that showcases exceptional services to support our guests in training and maintaining an active lifestyle. You will thrive and be supported as you discover, develop and excel in your role at WinSport.
What the role is all about:
WinSport’s Food and Beverage team provides world class services for hundreds of businesses, weddings and various events. Working with the team will expose you to some of the most unique and innovative trends in the food and beverage industry.
As Team Lead, Food and Beverage, you will be reporting to the Manager Food and Beverage and are responsible for the front of house team. You, along with your team, will work together closely to ensure that operations within Food and Beverage run effectively, while providing support to the other areas of the division when required, including, the kitchen.
- Assist in development barista, beverage and non-prep menus
- Maintain POS database as per Food and Beverage department standards
- Open and close the outlet according to standard procedures, including cash outs
- Assist in recruiting, training and scheduling team members
- Order front of the house goods (all beverages and packaged goods)
- Assist in conducting performance reviews and performance management of team members
- One to three years experience in leading team in a quick food service environment an asset
- Working knowledge of OH&S standards in a food & beverage environment
- Proserv certification as per AGLC
- Previous experience with Profitek POS is an asset
- Class 5 Alberta Driving License
- Fast paced environment
- Evening and weekend work required
- Prolonged standing, walking, lifting, squatting, twisting and bending
- Heavy lifting of up to 50lbs
- Occasional work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Exposure to slippery and wet surfaces
What We Can Offer You:
If an unforgettable experience and working alongside an amazing team weren't enough for you, this full time permanent position also includes health, dental and pension benefits. As a member of the WinSport team you also receive the added benefits of enjoying a free park passes, reciprocals at other ski resorts, food, beverage, retail and program discounts, along with access to our Performance Training Center.