About the Job
Sherwood Electromotion Inc. is seeking talented, capable and determined people to join our versatile, results-focused team, wherein they may discover many challenging opportunities that we have to offer.
We are hiring Mechanical Assemblers for our Concord/Vaughan, Ontario location.
A Mechanical Assembler will perform repair, inspection and assembly work on a variety of AC and DC electrical rotating equipment which Involves dis-assembling, cleaning, inspecting, electrical and mechanical testing, repairing and assembling units.
- Capable of performing electrical tests (Insulation Resistance, Hi-Pot, Surge, Resistance Test, Bar to Bar, Impedance Testing and Polarity Tests.
- Perform measurements utilizing mechanical and electrical measuring instruments as they relate to fault analysis and rebuilding of electrical rotating equipment
- Capable of reading and understanding coil and wiring interconnection diagrams and their preparation on AC and DC motors.
- Keen ability to strictly follow documentation and identify and validate a large number of checkpoints during the assembly process.
- Understanding of Safety and ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management Systems
- Hydraulic presses and pullers
- Cutting machines
- Soldering and brazing
- Washing and Drying Equipment
- Usage of Cranes
- Usage of Forklift and Material handling equipment
- Working Knowledge of Curing Ovens
- Bearing Lubrication and Installation
- Knowledge of motor dismantling, stripping and construction according to the manufacturer’s specification.
- Understanding of close tolerance finishing principles and proper torqueing, and total indicator and run-out and alignment.
- Basic mathematical capabilities with an understanding of tolerances/sizes. Able to follow written and verbal operating instructions.
- Perform related duties as assigned
We offer full-time medical, dental and vision benefits
Hourly rate: depending upon experience plus shift premium
We offer equal opportunity to all who want to be part of SEI’s experience, where development, empowerment, cooperation and mutual respect are the factors that define our corporate character
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted