About the Job
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Specialist - Recruiting and Training (1 year contract)
LOCATION: Corporate West, Burnaby, BC
REPORTS TO: V.P. Human Resources
Canlan Ice Sports is the largest private sector operator and developer of recreational ice sports facilities in North America. The company's success in the recreation-entertainment & hospitality industry is attributed to a combination of innovative programming, service delivery leadership and world-class facilities. We understand our customers’ need for service excellence and are committed to it.
This position is for a 12-13 month contract to cover a pregnancy / parental leave, from 05/17 through 06/18.
The role has primary responsibilities in the areas of recruitment systems and support, training and development. The role also supports the organization in the areas of employee relations, performance and culture.
· Recruitment Strategy: Is responsible for managing all aspects of job advertising, job posting, recruitment workflows and providing interview assistance to key levels within the organization. Manages the ATS System (Talemetry - HireDesk System), Canlan’s Career web sites and is the primary Administrator for the job posting process.
· Learning & Development Strategy - Training: Takes the lead in organizing, planning and facilitating core HR sponsored training sessions.
· Health & Safety: May take on certain projects from time to time in this area.
· HR Leadership: Is a key member of the Human Resources team and shows leadership in HR best practices.
Manages all aspects of the recruitment cycle in accordance Canlan’s Recruiting Strategy, including but not limited to:
· Management of job advertising and postings through Talemetry - HireDesk and all other mediums.
o Maximizing use of “free” job posting opportunities to broaden reach.
o Recommending additional investments and advertising strategies that may arise for specific local markets and positions.
o Updating and refreshing of job posting text and specifications
· Provides first level screening support as needed.
· Partners with Hiring Managers during interview process for managers and supervisors.
· Works with all hiring managers to ensure proper recruiting / hiring plans are in place.
· Maintains an inventory of potentials (managerial roles) and maintains contact with these individuals.
· Maintains Canlan’s Career web sites.
· Provides recommendations for the ongoing improvement of these processes.
· Maintains Canlan’s career websites.
· Provides timely and accurate reporting for these areas.
· Ensures legal compliance with respect to recruiting.
Training & Development:
In support of Canlan’s Learning & Development Strategy,
· Takes the lead role as trainer / facilitator / coordinator for core corporate programs.
o Service Excellence
o Recruiting, Interviewing and Hiring
· Establishes the annual training plan with respect to core programs. Manages inventory of materials for these programs.
· Maintains records with respect to attendance, completion, etc.
· Provides management reports regarding training activities.
· Assists in researching new programs and methods to advance the organization.
Health and Safety:
· May take on certain projects from time to time in this area.
Travel: It is estimated that the role’s travel requirement is approximately 5 - 6 weeks per year
· Solid background in recruiting and recruitment processes
· Solid background in training facilitation and coordination
· 2 – 5 years previous experience in similar areas of responsibility, preferably within the hospitality / service industry.
· Business diploma or degree or equivalent experience
· Evidence of past learning in recruitment systems and processes
· Evidence of past learning in training facilitation and training coordination.
· Front line operations experience in service industry positions
If you are interested in this position and becoming part of the Canlan team please submit a resume and application online.