Status: Regular, Full Time, Excluded
Reports to: President & CEO
- Manages the administrative functions of the CEO’s office, and supports the Internal Audit team, including preparing a variety of confidential correspondence, briefing materials, reports and presentation slides to support effective and timely communication from the President & CEO. Maximizes the CEO’s time by filtering, replying, or redirecting communication requests.
- Provides proactive suggestions to the President & CEO and colleagues within the organization regarding opportunities for improvement of efficiency and effectiveness and take appropriate action to implement actions required for success.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders and represents Technical Safety BC and the CEO’s office in a professional manner.
- Provides coordination, logistical and administrative support for meetings and schedules in order to ensure the timeliness and efficiency of operations and decisions. The Assistant to the CEO will effectively manage the electronic calendar for the CEO, and schedule, attend, take meeting minutes, coordinate support materials/meeting packages, and make travel arrangements as required. The position will ensure manage key contact information, timely distribution of materials, track and follow up on outstanding matters, and ensures logistics are planned and followed through.
- Coordinates new projects including organizing resources, engaging employees, documenting and assessing progress and effectiveness, collaborating with internal departments and implementing changes as required. Anticipates information needs, researches and analyzes data for project initiatives
- Diplomatically and discreetly coordinates two-way internal communications between the office of the President & CEO office, the Executive team and the organization, proactively suggesting and drafting communications messages and reports to ensure alignment and understanding of key decisions and corporate priorities.
- Creates a sense of team, facilitates communication and supports collaboration with the Executive Assistants to assist in achieving corporate goals and priorities.
- Assists in developing the annual budget and processes invoices for payment according to applicable policies and procedures to ensure that departmental expenses are managed and controlled appropriately. This includes verification that goods or services have been received and appropriate spending authority has been exercised. It involves reconciliation of monthly credit card statements with supporting documentation, verification of calculations GST exemptions, and liaison with suppliers and staff regarding payments, procedures and documents.
- Establishes and maintains business processes and filing systems to ensure that departmental records are appropriately available and accessible for future use. This includes monitoring of employee performance plans, preparation of off-site archives and logs in accordance with recognized records management standards and practices.
- Coordinates office supplies and infrastructure by responding to requests for equipment, furniture, computers, telephones, office supplies, books/publications. This also includes arranging subscriptions and membership renewals, as required.
- Facilitates workflow through managing bring forward systems, tracking and scheduling systems, assignment logs, mail review and distribution, and receipt and delivery of courier packages.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience supporting executive level leaders and managing confidential, sensitive issues with tact, discretion, diplomacy and good judgement.
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter with an ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision in a multi-tasking, high-pressure environment.
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast paced, changing environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to organize and manage concurrent projects in an efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills required to identify and improve business processes to create efficiencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with graphics and document/presentation design.
- Requires a degree in public administration or commerce and at least 5 years of experience in progressively more responsible administrative positions, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.