20-117 Family Enrichment Worker
Collaborative Service Delivery Program
Are you looking for a fulfilling career that can make a difference in the life of families in need? Put your passion for working with youth towards a rewarding opportunity with Catholic Social Services as a Family Enrichment Worker with our Collaborative Service Delivery Program!
Catholic Social Services is recruiting for four (4) full time, forty (40) hours per week Family Enrichment Worker contract positions with end dates in August 2020 and March 2021 to join our dynamic and talented team!
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
As a Family Enrichment Worker with Collaborative Service Delivery, you will provide high quality supports to children and families directly involved with Children’s Services. This position requires workers to engage families through early intervention and family driven practice. A key component of this position is supporting children and families to connect with resources and organizing service delivery with stakeholders. You will be determining family needs through assessments and creating service plans in collaboration with families. When leading innovative service delivery, your strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills will be an asset. Through motivation, compassion, and organization, you will support families through empowerment.
About the Role:
As a Family Enrichment Worker, you will:
- Work collaboratively with the regional staff to meet needs under the casework practice model
- Complete ongoing case planning, review (monthly) and evaluate the appropriateness, and level of service
- Organize service delivery with families, stakeholders, and internal ministries
- Support parents/caregivers to be responsible in overcoming barriers to achieving identified goals
- Deliver services from a strength based family systems approach
- Maintain a current and comprehensive awareness of applicable community resources to meet client’s specific needs and advocate for clients when appropriate
- Provide resources and model (communication, boundaries, behaviour management, child development), effective problem solving or other relevant information related to outlined client goals
- Ensure long term, informal supports are in place to ensure family’s success
Education and Qualifications:
- A diploma/degree in Human Services (or equivalent)
- A minimum three (3) years of related experience including knowledge of community resources and family intervention
- Experience with children and youth experiencing mental health issues, and/or addictions are required
This position requires a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of families and including daytime, evening and weekend work. An on-call component is required.
A valid driver's license and vehicle that enables you to safely transport clients and children in the back seat (child safety seats will be provided) is required. Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search, Intervention Record Check and/ or summary of driving record with no more than six (6) demerit points are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
The salary for this position is $25.50 to $28.70 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition number 20-117.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.