20-151 Child and Youth Care Support Worker Overnight Awake Position
Are you looking for a career that can make a difference in the life of a child or family in need? Put your passion for working with children and youth towards a rewarding opportunity with Catholic Social Services as a Child and Youth Care Worker!
We are looking for one, full time, forty (40) hours per week, overnight awake, Child and Youth Care Support Worker to join our dynamic and talentedteam! This position has a weeklyschedule of Sunday - Thursday.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
About the Role:
As a Child and Youth Care Support Worker, you will be responsible for assisting in the implementation and progression of the Client Service Plan program created for each client. This position will assist in the supervision and support of the client while located at the program facility ensuring basic needs are met (food, clothing, shelter, healthcare, safety). The Child and Youth Care Support Worker will maintain a safe, warm and positive environment where children/youth feel welcomed and loved.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring, supervising, and providing on-site support to children and youth located at the program facility
- Maintaining and adhering to established client service plans for children and youth
- Supporting children and youth through life skills teaching and in-the-moment learning, with a hands-on approach
- Performing routine and scheduled cleaning tasks throughout the facility in accordance with established standards and infection control practices such as, general cleaning and disinfecting, collection of waste and recycling materials, laundry, making beds, dusting, vacuuming, etc. Heavy duty cleaning of walls, ceilings, windows, doors and light fixtures, floors, etc.
- Complying with Health & Safety (OH&S) and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHIMS) and other safety procedures, regulations, and policies.
- Completing scheduled client bed checks and program security checks to ensure client safety responding to concerns in a timely manner.
- Purchasing grocery supplies and preparing meals according to the menu plan.
- Administering medication as required, while monitoring, recognizing, and responding to medical concerns
- Completing and filing required program documentation with established time-frames
- Other duties as required
Education and Qualifications:
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum one (1) to two (2) years experience working with high risk youth exposed to physical/mental trauma and substance abuse is required
- Certification or training in Aboriginal Awareness, Abuse Awareness, Standard First Aid, Medication Administration, and Violence/Crisis Intervention is a definite asset
The ideal candidate will have an organized and compassionate approach to the work, strong team work skills, and a commitment to developing positive supporting relationships. Other qualifications include:
- Proven ability to provideeffective communication, collaboration, crisis intervention, and conflictmanagement with clients
- Demonstrated assessment, problemsolving, and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of community resourcesis an asset
- Experience in industrialcleaning, housekeeping, and meal preparation activities
- Intermediate competency withMicrosoft Office and other Agency computer applications
- Demonstrated ability to act withprofessionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy
- Physically fit to meet job demands - must be capable of lifting 25-50 pounds on a regular basis
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable vehicle required
Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search, Intervention Record Check and/ or summary of driving record with no more than six(6)demerit points are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
The salary for this position is $18.09 to $20.35per hour based on qualifications and experience. We offer flexibility and supportive working environment.
Please apply online atwww.cssalberta.ca/careersto competition number 20-151.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.