Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you want to provide a high quality of group care and support as well as be a role model for adults with developmental disabilities? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for casual (replacement worker) Community Disability Workers in Red Deer.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Edmonton and Central Alberta.
Motivated, compassionate and organized, you enthusiastically assist with daily living activities and social events supporting dignity, independence and empowerment. You will be providing personal care, supporting behavioral challenges, supporting mental health challenges and implementing programs tailored to individual needs. The successful candidate will be creative, energetic, and possess a calm personality to work with individuals with complex behaviours. You will be willing to engage in various community activities with a focus on recreation.
Please note, as our programs operate 24 hours per day, shift work is required and will include weekends.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum Grade 12 education. A Diploma/Degree in Human Services, Disability Services or Social Work (or equivalent) is considered an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with persons with developmental disabilities including high behaviours and mental health
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Clear and Current Drives Abstract
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
- Valid First Aid and CPR is considered an asset
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Intervention Record Check
The salary range for this position is $20.84 to $22.12 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers, to competition number 20-203.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.