Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
The Technical Services Engineer provides technical support to sales personnel, distributors, operations and end-users that may include application recommendations, operational specifications, installation and overseeing maintenance. Other duties include planning and coordinating activities concerned with investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing variety of technical duties.
Including but not limited to:
- This role has a key objective to deliver excellent customer service through first class product knowledge, and engineering expertise to both internal and external customers
- Provide pre-sale support to Field Sales Staff along with answers to customer technical and support questions via phone, conference calls, and on-site meetings
- Provide technical support and guidance to our customers in the proper use of our product in their own applications, whether by telephone, e-mail or in person
- Interface with Engineering and Sales to assist them in supporting the customers
- First line technical authority and point of contact for the provision of technical advice on all issues and inquires arising from field activity
- Provide feedback to Engineering, Manufacturing, Research & Development, and Marketing of customer infrastructure, technology trends, and customer needs
- Will act as the “Voice of the Customer” with appropriate groups in the company. These customers could be both internal and external customers
- Review performance reports and documentation from customers and field representatives, and inspects malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem
- Maintain records of performance reports
- Failure mode and root cause analysis (RCA)
- Work with NPI and Sustaining Engineering Managers to support RCA, and deliver engineering solutions
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly status reports to Technical Services Management
- Provide on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment
- Participate in regular technical meetings with customers
- Coordinate problem resolution with NPI & Sustaining Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Operations, and other groups to expedite repairs
- Develops and conducts training on the maintenance and safe operation of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers
- Assists in developing service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes, and overall knowledge of product
- Support the Alpha and Beta test monitoring program through the utilization of both SPM and third party engineers
- Analyzes reports of technical problems to determine trends affecting future design, production, service, maintenance processes, and recommends modifications to eliminate future problems
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that prompt and effective service is provided to the customer
- Ensure all field data is collected, stored and analyzed in a manner that drives engineering decisions
- Use data quantify opportunities, and develop recommended improvement actions
- Provide field employees technical support in conjunction with technical Help Desk
- Support the concerns process as requested to help determine whether customer issues are related to quality or application
- Provide feedback to Engineering, Research & Development, and Marketing of customer infrastructure, technology trends, and customer needs
- Ensure closure of field non conformance and concession reports
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholder: - Key Account Sales Manager (s), Engineering Manager (s), Order Fulfillment, Quality, Supply Chain, In-house Testing etc
- Working with the broader engineering team to develop a strategy for the future direction of the “Technical Services Engineering Team” that aligns to our Goal of “be the leading provider of customer service, technology, and solutions to the global oil and gas high pressure pumping market by: Creating unmatched global manufacturing and service capacity; Developing state of the art technology; Operating on a foundation of the best people and processes driven by the principles of operational excellence”
Up to 60 % travel, both domestic and international is expected in this role. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. In certain areas of the facility personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required, including hard hats, safety glasses, fire retardant coveralls, steel-toed shoes, and ear plugs. Other various safety classes will be required to get appropriate safety “tickets” to work both on and offshore. The employee will work on customer jobsites to evaluate equipment, trouble shooting, train, and processes.
Excellent engineering and process skills
Excellent leadership skills (to influence both team and customer)
Numerical fluency (good understanding of and the ability to analyze information)
Strong inter-personnel skills
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manager numerous projects and tasks simultaneously
Ability to achieve challenging goals under pressure
Good problems solving and reasoning abilities
Self-motivated, requiring low levels of supervision
Good time-management and self organization skills
Flexibility (to accommodate various international time zones, and occasionally travel to Oil & Gas companies around the world)