Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
The Inventory Analyst/Planner’s main purpose is to proactively forecast and manage our inventory at a national level, to ensure that the right parts are available when needed, the best suppliers are identified, and delivery times are reliably met. Ultimately, this position will help reduce obsolescence, while supporting the supply chain and enabling the sales staff with the ability to better serve the needs of our customer.
- Analyze and organize the current and future state of our inventory by gathering data from current systems, warehouses, customer after-market requirements and other forecasts
- Monitor and analyze customer part usage and inventory levels, identify shortages and help drive expediting efforts where required
- Manage and further develop the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Assist in optimizing inventory parameters in the ERP system (SAP)
- Forecasting demand to the component level and update min/max levels appropriately
- Rationalizing the inventory we hold across the country and creating programs to minimize obsolescence and improve inventory turns
- Regular interface between sales, product management, and operations on all inventory-related matters
- Strategic and ongoing maintenance of our inventory system, taking into account changes in costs, lead times, usage, and activity
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (e.g. ERP)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- BSc/BA in business administration. logistics or relevant field;
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM & APICS) will be a plus
Health & Safety : Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements
Education and/or Experience:
Business Administration Diploma OR equivalent mix of technical education and experience. Preferred minimum of 5 years of experience with inventory planning and control using MRP systems. Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English. Fluency in French would be an asset. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required. Results-oriented, self-motivated individual with a strong sense of initiative. Exposure to engineering, supply chain and manufacturing is considered an asset.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Decision Making Skills:
Decisions are usually made within established guidelines, exercising judgment and discretion in utilizing knowledge of products, product availability, sales territories and individual customers to provide excellent customer service.
Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to effectively work and interact with others. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Works under minimum supervision, generally in an office environment using computers and relevant software. Major relationships include internal stakeholders, external clients and suppliers.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Cost Consciousness – Works within approved inventory budget, implements cost saving measures when possible, contributes to profits and revenue by negotiating with suppliers, conserves organizational resources.
Oral Communication & Influence skills – Proactive, self-starter, highly self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Problem Solving – Interacts with suppliers, employees, and management. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization’s goals and values.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes, coordinates and plans work activities to ensure deadlines are met; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources when required; sets goals and objectives; organizes or coordinates tasks; develops realistic action plans.