Weir has been in business since 1871 and our sustainability and success has been built on attracting, retaining, and developing exceptional people.
As a global company, employing around 15,000 people in over 70 countries, we reflect the diversity of our customers in the diversity of our people and ensure everyone is given the opportunity to flourish regardless of their gender, race, beliefs or background.
Weir is an inclusive and innovative organisation where you can be your authentic self. We continually develop our talent and diversity of thought to keep our business relevant, innovative and successful for the future.
Enabling our people to unleash their full potential is central to ‘We are Weir’, our vision, mission, and strategic priorities. We aim to be the most admired engineering business in our markets and we'll achieve that ambition by being the employer of choice in our markets.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities across a variety of technical and business roles in engineering, manufacturing and service locations worldwide.
Break Down, Sand blast, Paint,Assembles & Test to include but not limited to Frac Valves assemblies and Tree assemblies.
Including but not limited to:
- Analyze blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and drawings to determine specifications.
- At a minimum capable of assembling the following:
- Frac Valves ( 1-13/16 10M thru 5-1/8 10M )
- Frac Trees and assorted size Frac Adapter
- Inventory parts and verify completeness for complete build and are precluded from defects.
- Submit list of corrective needs and associated materials
- Clean and remove debris in preparation for assembly.
- Document serial numbers, part numbers and heat codes as required per SOP.
- Operate and utilize various hand and pneumatic tools.
- Following SOP’s for proper assembly while adhering to engineering specifications.
- Assemble all components and sub-components ensuring alignment and proper fit before bolting, screwing or pressing them together.
- Operate forklift to move materials between work centers.
- Operate acetylene torch and perform hot work.
- Utilize all required PPE.
- Verify conformance to specifications.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
Health & Safety : Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Able to work in a manner that ensures the safety of themselves and others
- Able to demonstrate compliance to company safety procedures and legal obligations
- Recognise and report and resolve hazards identified
- Confidence and ability to intervene on practices deemed to be unsafe
- Engage and promote a zero harm culture
- Be aware of physical limitations based upon job requirements
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's, ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Take measurements using precise measuring devices such as micrometers, ring and bore gauges.
Ability to become fork lift certified in 30 days.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.