Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you want to be a role model for children in care within an innovative program supporting children and youth? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is recruiting for two month-to-month contract, full-time (40 hours/week) Child & Youth Care Workers in Red Deer.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
Child and Youth Care Workers provide support within residences for young people that have exceptional, unique and challenging needs and require longer term stabilization, permanency planning and placement, or a transitional placement to further life skill support and development.
The successful applicant will work as part of a team to support:
- A safe environment and exposure to nurturing healthy relationships that promote positive attachment;
- A physical environment and materials that support the child’s or youth’s development;
- Nutritious meals and snacks;
- Age-appropriate boundaries and supervision;
- An orderly daily schedule that promotes positive participation in age-appropriate educational, social, recreational, and community activities;
- Basic personal needs.
Opportunities are provided for the child or youth to develop an awareness of and participate in social, cultural and recreational activities. Children and youth will be encouraged to develop socially acceptable, responsible and self-directing decision making skills and abilities.
Please note, as our programs operate 24 hours per day, shift work is required.
Education and Qualifications:
- A Diploma/Degree in Child & Youth Care (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with children and/or youth with complex needs, challenging behaviours and developmental disabilities
- Valid First Aid and CPR is considered an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check from local RCMP or city police detachment
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Clear and current driver's abstract
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Proof of vehicle insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
The salary range for this position is $20.84 to $22.26 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers, to competition number 21-001.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.