Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you want to provide a high quality of group care and support to various adults with health needs? If the answer is “Yes!”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Service is currently recruiting full time (40 hours/week) Healthcare Workers in Red Deer.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1800 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs throughout Central Alberta.
“As a Catholic social services agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
Motivated, compassionate and organized, you will be enthusiastically providing person centered home care to our clients in their private residence and the community, ensuring that their needs are met while promoting independence. The Health Care Worker will also provide emotional support to the client and their family members by interacting with other staff and designated professional support services to provide high-quality care. This position will require that you maintain client respect and dignity at all times while adhering to the mission and core values of Catholic Social Services. You will also be required to adhere to professional boundaries and maintain client confidentiality and privacy at all times.
Please note, as our programs operate 24 hours per day, shift work is required and will include weekends.
Education and Qualifications:
- Enrollment on the HCA Directory is required
- The following education will be considered:
- Health Care Aides (HCA) or equivalent
- Practical Nurses (PN) or PN students currently enrolled in an Alberta program who have completed one full year of the program
- Baccalaureate Nurses (BN or BScN) or Psychiatric Nurses or BN/BScN/Psychiatric Nursing students currently enrolled in an Alberta program who have completed two full years of the program
- (Please note, students must also have completed a continuing care or medical unit clinical placement and have some knowledge / experience with medication assistance)
- Minimum one year experience providing personal care to individuals
- Valid First Aid and CPR is considered an asset
- Vulnerable Sector Check from local RCMP or city police detachment
- Child Intervention Record Check
- Clear and Current Drives Abstract
- A vehicle and valid class 5 driver's license – requirement to transport clients in your personal vehicle
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance showing $2 million liability coverage
The salary for this position is $19.61 - $20.80 per hour.
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers, to competition number 21-009.
Closing date for applications: until a suitable candidate is found.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, and people of faith or no faith.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.