310T or 310S Truck Mechanic
First Student Canada’s shop in Snelgrove, ON needs an experienced Truck Mechanic. The ideal mechanic would have experience performing computer diagnostics, brake inspections, PMs, electrical systems troubleshooting and repair, and after-treatment system repairs.
Licensed Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Specialize in repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
Licensed Mechanic Job Qualifications:
- 3+ years of practical truck service experience
- Must have own set of basic tools.
- Proficient with computers
- Subject to background check
Preventative Maintenance Required License/Certifications:
- 310T or 310S License (apprentices considered)
- Valid driver’s license
What we offer:
- Top hourly pay $19.50 - $35 based on experience!
- Affordable health & dental packages
- RRSP program with company match
- Industry leading technology and tools
- Modern and clean work environment
- Fleet size/model type: 300 Type A & Type C Buses & Caravans
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
At First Student Canada, associates are offered the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why First Student Canada, should be your FIRST choice.
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.