At First Student Canada, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a 310T Licensed Mechanic at our Sarnialocation. This is a 6 month-term position with the possibility of turning into a regular full-time position.
Why pick First Student Canada? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students’ safety. That’s why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
- Competitive Wages & Consistent Pay – Hourly Rate opposed to flat rate
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Licensed Mechanic Job Duties Include:
- Perform brake, safety, and PM inspections
- Complete work orders legibly and accurately
- Perform on road repairs/service calls as required
- Perform defect repairs as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Comply with Safety & Health regulations in the workplace
- Maintain required tools for the job & submit tool inventory annually
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Manager
- After hours on-call responsibilities as required
Licensed MechanicJob Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid 310S or 310T License (Must be willing to obtain 2nd license)
- Previous vehicle repair preferred
- Experience with computers an asset
- Willingness to work with others
- Mechanically-minded and safety-conscious
- Garage environment and on road repairs if needed.
- Involves day shifts, Monday to Friday
Now is the time to enhance your career…not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity!
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
First Student is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.