Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands, The Expanse, The Boys, Locke & Key to name a few.
The 3D Generalist will work across a wide spectrum of 3D from modelling to rendering under the guidance of VFX Supervisor and Leads for live action film and television series.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 3D modelling, texturing, animation, rigging, layout, lighting, shading, look development and FX.
- Balance atheistic standards and technical requirements to create quality models within a render pipeline
- Transition smoothly between a variety of generalist roles on different projects
- Troubleshoot to solve creative and technical problems under tight deadlines
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years experience as a 3D Generalist in live-action VFX pipeline
- Highest proficiency in Houdini, Maya, Redshift, Arnold, Mental Ray, Nuke
- Knowledge of Mari, Zbrush, PFTrack, 3D Equalizer, MEL, RSL, and Python
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger team
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve
- A proven eye for detail, scale and realism
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Eligible to work in Canada
Rocket Science is an equal opportunity company which values diversity in the workplace. We would be happy to accommodate individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation in order to participate in our recruitment process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Thank you for your interest in Rocket Science VFX. Please note that only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No Phone Call Please. We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented artists.