Roseburg Forest Products is a closely held forest products company building value with timberland, safe and efficient manufacturing, and passionate, capable people. Roseburg Forest Products markets quality products and provide superior customer service at a profit to sustain growth. Roseburg Forest Products is vertically integrated with timberlands and facilities across North America.
Wecurrently have opportunities for the right individuals to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as:
Third-Class Operating Engineer
File No: MDF-18035
Location: 777 Fibreboard Drive, Pembroke, ON K8A 6W4
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2019
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Engineer or their designate, the 3rd Class Operating Engineer will be responsible for providing flexibility within the team and the mill by learning other operating roles. The 3rd Class Operating Engineer will also be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the natural gas, sander dust burner, hog fuel fired thermal oil heaters, high-pressure (150 psi) steam boilers, boiler feed water, central stack emission monitoring and thermal oil heating systems and other associated equipment as the shift operating engineer. All mandatory duties will be performed in accordance with TSSA rules and regulations.
The successful candidate will:
- Model Company core values
- Follow Health & Safety policies and programs
- Operate automated or computerized control systems
- Monitor and inspecting plant equipment
- Measure temperatures, fuel flow and pressures
- Analyze and recording instrument readings and equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshoot, perform minor repairs, and routine preventative and corrective maintenance
- Complete boiler and De-aerator blow down and safety device testing as per TSSA requirements
- Assist the shift team with upset conditions in production as long as the heat plant is stable and under control
- Responsible for maintaining a stable thermal oil temperature while avoiding over temperatures
- Responsible to operate all boilers and De-aerators according to our SOP and TSSA regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Third-Class Operating Engineer Certification
- Candidate must be able to prove they are or willing to work towards their Second-Class Operating Engineer Certification
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience preferably within the pulp and paper or board manufacturing industry would be considered an asset
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and understand a continuous process environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to multi task under upset conditions
In addition to competitive wages we offer a comprehensive benefit package (including major medical, dental, vision care, short term and long-term disability and life insurance), company matched RRSP contribution plan and gain-sharing program.
For additional information regarding this position, please visit our website at www.roseburg.com/Careers/
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Roseburg - Pembroke MDF's pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug & alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please apply online through www.roseburg.com/Careers/ or forward a copy of your cover letter and resume to careers-Pembroke@rfpco.comquoting the position title and file number.
Roseburg Forest Products Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employerand committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.