Company operating name: Pirlitor Machine & Tool Ltd.
Business address and location of work: 6375 Kestrel Road, Mississauga, ON L5T 1Z5
Title of position: CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Machinist
Number of vacancies: Two
Terms of Employment: Permanent, full time (42.5 hours/week). Overtime may be required. Shift: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- Set up, operate, adjust and maintain 5-axis and/or other CNC and conventional machines and tools to perform precision machining operations;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables;
- Manufacture advanced / complex machined parts and prototype components as directed by blueprint, CNC program or instructions using 5-axis and/or other CNC equipment;
- Verify that tooling and prototype components are to blueprint specifications using precision measuring instruments; Verify dimensions of products and parts machined;
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances;
- Interface with Quality and Engineering;
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces;
- Related duties as assigned
- College diploma or trade certification in related area or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of relevant experience setting up and operating 5-axis CNC Mills;
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and program codes for major CNC controllers;
- Demonstrated, hands on knowledge of metal cutting, including feeds and speeds, metallurgy, tooling and cutters, fixturing, geometric tolerancing and statistical process control.
- Experience utilizing single purpose production machines, milling machines and CNC machines
- Experience utilizing micrometers, calipers, caliber, gauges and verniers;
- Experience within the aerospace industry considered an asset.
- Criminal record check required, upon job offer;
- Repetitive lifting of components and equipment to 50 pounds; Standing for extended periods;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines;
- Dependable, accurate, attention to detail, team player, takes initiative, effective interpersonal skills, flexibility, excellent written and oral communication skills, able to work independently
Work Setting: Aviation/aerospace and general manufacturing
Compensation: Wage: CAD$24.00-$26.00/hr. Overtime rate of 1.5x regular hourly rate. Vacation: 4% of gross salary – please change to number of days. Other Compensation: Company group benefits plan after three months employment (includes medical benefits, dental benefits and life insurance benefits).
Contact Information: email@example.com