ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems is seeking a fearless and persistent but tactful and professional A/RCollections Specialist to for our busy Abbotsford office. If you are looking for a satisfying role that will allow you to demonstrate all of your skills, this might be the opportunity for you!
We know we are only as strong as the team of people around us. We recognize that our employees are the cornerstone of our business that make everything possible. ASSA ABLOY develops and promotes from within. We offer a very competitive compensation package, excellent fully paid group medical benefits and the opportunity for future advancement. The company is growing and we want you to be a part of the journey.
Here is a quick overview about who we are, what we do, and our ideal candidate’s qualifications:
Who We Are
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems group is Canada's largest provider of entrance system sales, service and installation. We provide sales and services to commercial, industrial, institutional and residential customers across Canada.
What We Do
ASSA ABLOY Entrance Systems is a division of ASSA ABLOY, a global corporation with headquarters based in Sweden. Our resources and experience allow us to take on the widest range of projects from small commercial installations to mining industry mega-projects and everything in between. We manufacture, distribute and install a wide range of entrance products for residential, commercial, and heavy industrial applications including automated pedestrian doors, sectional doors, loading dock equipment, impact doors as well as high speed rubber and fabric doors.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate you have 5 or more years’ experience in accounting with a focus on accounts receivable functions in a construction related or building materials supply field. You are familiar with residential, commercial and industrial construction projects and understand progress billing, statutory declarations and insurance.
The responsibilities of this role will include some general accounting and office administration functions supporting the sale of commercial, industrial and residential overhead door systems.
While building industry experience is strongly desired, a well qualified applicant from other areas of business will not be overlooked. This role will offer the right candidate the opportunity to learn and advance in a growing organization with a focus on quality, reliability and integrity.
Our desired abilities and qualifications for the position include:
- An ability to communicate effectively and positively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Solid understanding of the collections process and an ethical approach to executing your responsibilities.
- Some formal post secondary accounting training.
- Familiarity with Canadian GAAP and general office and accounting procedures.
- Good computerized accounting skills, ideally with knowledge and experience using Sage 300.
- Good general computer skills in MS Office programs including Excel and Word.
- An ability to interact with customers pleasantly, efficiently and professionally through face to face, telephone and e-mail communications.
- An aptitude for numbers and an ability to manage the small details.
- An ability to function effectively in a team framework as well as independently.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader, please apply via e-mail referencing Abbotsford A/R in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we can only contact those selected for interviewing.