At Irving Tissue, we recognize that the key to our success is our people. We are a family-owned and operated company that has grown to become one of North America's leading manufacturers of household paper products. Irving Tissue produces both branded and private label bathroom tissue, facial tissue, paper towels, and napkins. Consumers know us by our Majesta and Royale brands. Our manufacturing facilities are located in Fort Edward, NY, Toronto, Ontario, and Dieppe, New Brunswick.
The Asset Manager is responsible for leading and motivating operations teams to deliver results in key areas of safety, quality, productivity, housekeeping, waste reduction, asset utilization, human resource objectives and continuous improvement. The successful candidate will provide leadership for daily operations, develop plan for future growth and development of the employees, assets and the operation. This position will be responsible and accountable for after hour’s operations decisions, problem solving and follow-ups as required.
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Years of Experience Required: 10+ years in an operations leadership role in a Consumer Packaged Goods processing facility
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with experience in leading change
- Strong technical abilities
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable presenting up to senior level audiences
- Ability to influence with and without authority
- Advanced systems aptitude and excellent computer skills, including Windows-based Excel
- Coordinate and lead the manufacturing operations to ensure the achievement of department objectives for safety, product quality, productivity, cost to manufacturer, and customer service
- Ensure systems are developed, monitored, maintained, and sustained to continually raise the bar on operational efficiencies and effectiveness. This includes operator capability to discover/strive for improvements in work tasks and asset performance
- Develop a climate which encourages the participation and involvement of all employees to pursue continuous development and continuous improvement
- Monitor measurement systems to ensure consistency between crews and assist in communicating key performance indicators to the crews
- Establish and maintain good working conditions including housekeeping and overall department appearance
- Ensure the physical assets are properly maintained and ensure appropriate inventories of parts, materials and supplies
- Work with manufacturing teams, process engineers, process techs and Original Equipment Manufacturers to evaluate and recommend upgrades and design improvements
- Develop and drive implementation of organizational transformation plans to support multi-year site vision of High Performance Work Systems, Lean Management Systems, and other Cost Transformation Programs
- Develop and maintain a favourable employee relations climate within the manufacturing operations team and with other site teams
- Continually evaluate the manufacturing area staffing levels and training needs to maintain optimum performance
- Support Value Stream Manager and other site leaders in determining and directing long range plans, objectives, and activities
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Plant bonus potential
- Full benefits package
- Wellness program
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by January 15, 2018.
We appreciate your interest in our company! The initial review of applications will begin on the deadline date for applying. Applications received after the deadline may not be considered. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our products and services, click here.
Irving Tissue, a division of Irving Consumer Products Ltd., is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.