This position reports to the Director, Solution Architecture, and is responsible for providing pre-sales engineering support and technical expertise to our client's Account Executives (AE) and Channel Managers. The ideal candidate will act as a trusted advisor as well as a subject matter expert who can effectively translate business and technical objectives into leading solutions while effectively positioning our client's cloud services to existing and prospective customers.
- Participate in the pre-sales process as the technical expert. Duties include:
- Qualifying, designing and presenting solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Effectively transitioning closed solutions to the service delivery team
- Acting as the customer’s ambassador to our client’s internal stakeholders in order to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Operations on new industry developments and product iteration/development
- Provide input to the Director/team on new market opportunities and customer demand
- Assist with new product positioning and Product Launch
- Participate in industry activities including conferences, trade shows, webinars, etc.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge and expertise in AWS cloud technologies and related best practices through regular study and training
- Stay current on the competitive landscape
- Some travel within Canada and the United States will be required
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or relevant experience
- Combination of leading industry certifications such as AWS Solution Architect (required), VCP, MCSE, CCNP, ITIL, TOGAF, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of networking and security
- Advanced knowledge in automation, configuration management, and orchestration frameworks such as Chef, Puppet, Juju etc.
- A minimum of three years' related work experience supporting cloud and data centre technology sales
- Understanding of solution selling and creating value for business customers
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with experience in creating technical documentation in MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Conceptual thinker that is highly analytical and able to handle large, complex models
- Strong sense of urgency and a burning desire to succeed
- Team player, analytical with the ability to read trends and make sound decisions with incomplete information
Go Beyond. .
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.