Intermediate Accountant, Etobicoke, ON. Maternity Leave Contract
Your new company
Hays Accounting & Finance Contract has partnered with a construction management firm specialising in condominium development. A leading expert in the Canadian residential market, this company has played a leading role in Canada's premier condominium development for nearly 50 years. With a head office located in Etobicoke, this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing leader.
Your new role
The Intermediate Accountant is covering a maternity leave contract based in Etobicoke. The Intermediate Accountant will focus on the budgeting, planning and administration of full cycle accounting for new project development. Other duties include:
- Policy and procedural improvement.
- Project Accounting.
- Liaising with site managers to see how everything ties together.
- Prepare construction monthly draw application for progress payments to Owners/Cost Monitors
- Review, verify and enter monthly Trade Contractors progress billings
- Administer Trade Contractor accounting, payables, vendor holdback and other compliance requirements
- Reconcile and verify sales commissions
- Administer and process (bi) monthly cheque runs
- Assist with project budget revisions and cost to complete calculations
- Maintain communication & documentation with parties with draw process
- Assist with general accounting, government compliance, banking and year end functions
- Assist with liaison with various lenders and external parties (trades, banks, lawyers, etc.)
- Review monthly the costing reports with PM/CM for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare monthly HST filing & bank reconciliation
- Other ad hoc work and special projects, as maybe required time to time
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in Business, Accounting or MBA
- Close to finishing a CPA, CMA, CGA, CA Canadian Designation or complete.
- 5 + years of experience in residential (high-rise) construction / real estate development
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills. Experience in client facing work environment is a preferred.
- Detail oriented, committed to accuracy and time management
- An understanding of the Ontario Construction Lien Act would be a plus
- Passionate, knowledgeable and experienced in technology; ERP construction software Vista by Viewpoint (or similar like JD Edwards, Sage, Jonas, MS Dynamics, Newstar/Constellation)
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel ~ intermediate to advanced)
- Draw packages, construction draws, percentage of completion
What you'll get in return
This is a one year maternity leave contract based in Etobicoke offering $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 annual salary plus vacation and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.