Accounting Administrator, Toronto, ON., Maternity Leave Contract
Your new company
Hays Legal Services Contract has partnered with a Canadian legal firm in search of an Accounting Administrator for a 1 year maternity leave contract. Based in down town Toronto, this Canada wide legal firm specialises in employment law and has been providing services for more than 50 years.
Your new role
- Code and process all vendor AP invoices and credit card payments to the GL for payment, including all lawyer expense reports reimbursements and client disbursements, process daily cheque run requisitions.
- Allocate and code all appropriate HST/tax credit amounts and post all payables to the accounting system.
- Meet monthly deadlines for client disbursement postings
- Set up new clients on eBilling, process, post monthly eBills and accruals as needed.
- Process electronic fund transfers and money order payments
- Update daily cash balance reports.
- Reconcile monthly petty cash accounts and corporate credit card charges.
- Assist with posting of monthly client billings for all office locations invoices.
- Respond to internal and external inquires and solve problems.
- Filing of client invoices, AP backup and other files in a timely manner to keep accounting documents organized and up to date.
- Perform ad hoc duties assigned.
What you'll need to succeed
- Effective communication skills at all levels of the firm and across office locations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to high-quality work and meeting deadlines, and willing to work overtime when needed.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Team player with initiative to provide coverage and backup support.
- High level of integrity.
- Quick learner.
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Suite proficiency.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Accounting preferred.
- One or two years working experience in an accounting role desired.
- Prior work experience in a professional services firm is an asset.
- Prior experience with an accounting system is desired.
What you'll get in return
This is a 1 year maternity leave contract based in down town Toronto. Competitive compensation provided.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.