Reporting to:Manager of Finance
The Accounting Manager is responsible for several of the company’s significant accounting processes. This role requires strong technical accounting skills, the ability to work in a fast paced environment and experience managing a successful team. If you have outstanding attention to detail, superb judgement and the ability to excel while leading a team this may be the position for you.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Thorough understanding of payroll (ADP knowledge an asset).
- Process Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Experience with systems and software conversion an asset
- Collaborates with other managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from Executives and Manager of Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Manager of Finance to ensure a clean and timely year end audits.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Manager of Finance with special projects and workflow process improvements.
To succeed in this role you:
- Have a minimum of 5-10 years accounting experience and minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a team.
- Experience in the Construction or Insurance Restoration Industry is preferred
- Possess a CPA (one of CA/CMA/CGA) designation.
- Property Management accounting background an asset.
- Experience with QuickBooks and Jonas is preferred.
- Are highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and have proven financial analytical skills.
- Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt.
- Embrace collaborative sharing of knowledge within a teamwork environment.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all for your interest only those with the outlined criteria will be contacted.