Ridout & Maybee LLP has offices in Toronto, Ottawa and Burlington, and consistently ranks as one of Canada’s top IP law firms in both Canadian and international surveys of in-house counsel.
We understand the business of innovation, and the vital role that IP plays in today’s competitive, market-driven economy.
The majority of our professionals have advanced degrees in science, engineering and IT – as well as law. This means we understand what our clients do, the industries they serve, and the way they do business. We know the key role that IP plays in their individual strategies for growth and success.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy assisting others and working for an employer who has strong core values? Are you a confident user of technology and looking for an opportunity to grow your skills? Consider joining our team!!!
We are currently recruiting for experienced Accounting & Payroll AdministratortoOttawa Team.
Candidates interested in pursuing this opportunity will enjoy workingin a highly technical and paperless environment. Day-to-day administrative responsibilities include:
- Payroll processing including regular pay, overtime pay, taxable benefits, statutory and non-statutory deductions, processing expense claims, partner draws etc.;
- Reconciliation of payroll register(s) and processing journal entries into the firm’s financial system;
- Process quarterly and annual payroll reconciliation’s, including preparation of T4’s and monthly reconciliation of statutory deductions;
- Onboard new employee files including preparation of welcome packages, setting up payroll and group insurance benefits, calculating pay and deductions and processing on appropriate systems;
- Manage payroll files for employees returning from Leave, including return to work packages, calculations for payroll, benefits and group insurance deductions as applicable;
- Processmonthly group insurance invoices, including departmental calculations and processing journal entries into the financial system as required;
- Provide back-up support for recruitment campaigns – reviewing candidate resumes, conducting telephone interviews, scheduling in-house interviews, conducting follow up’s with candidates once campaign is complete;
- Management of the firm’s Trust Accounting including the preparation of deposits, transfers, refunds, reporting and reconciliation;
- Maintain billing rates in the firm’s financial system;
- Prepare Law Society of Upper Canada reports and filing levies and exemptions on a quarterly basis on behalf of the firm;
- Provide back-up support to Accounting Team regarding disbursement entry, cash applications, etc. as directed;
You will enjoy continued development of your skills and knowledge through the firm’s internal training and development programs in addition to our Continued Education Program, offering reimbursement for courses outside the firm.
We are currently looking for individuals who have the following qualifications:
- Certification through The Canadian Payroll Association – must hold a valid Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation;
- Understanding of CRA rules with respect to payroll deductions;
- Three to five years progressive experience in finance department including the processing of journal entries;
- Three to five years experience processing payroll, including reconciliation of T4’s and statutory deductions, benefit programs and group insurance administration;
- Solid computer skills and experience with a variety of software applications and databases;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel in a workplace setting and comfortable with complex workbooks;
- Solid verbal and written communication skills including command of the English language;
- Detail oriented and self motivated;
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Effectively organize and prioritize work;
- Work well with others in a team based environment, but ability to perform tasks independently;
Applicants are kindly asked to forward their resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating their abilities for this role. We thank all applicants in advance but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO AGENCY PLEASE.
Ridout & Maybee LLP welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Ridout & Maybee LLP is an equal opportunity employer.